I just love this concept. I declared my own position on parenting yesterday, and this is what inspired it.
I think I’m going to frame the manifesto. It just speaks to me.
Here are a few of my favorite lines from The Idle Parent manifesto:
- We pledge to leave our children alone
- We try not to interfere
- We play in the fields and forests
- We push them into the garden and shut the door so we can clean the house
- We fill the house with music and merriment
- We embrace responsibility
Thanks to turnitupmom for the tip on this one. Just brilliant!